The Interior Designers Association of Nigeria (IDAN) was established to address the major problems that exist in the interior design industry in Nigeria, principally the absence of any:
- Voluntary association to stimulate and promote professionalism in the practice.
- Legal regime, statute or regulation governing the interior design industry
- Institution offering comprehensive professional training in interior design
- To promote excellence in interior design through education, training and continuing professional development of practitioners.
- Register all practicing interior designers in Nigeria.
- Provide the platform from which all interior designers may lend a collective voice to government and industry initiatives.
- Increase public awareness and promote the relevance of professional interior design in building the economic and cultural wealth of the Nigerian society.
- Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards of interior design through the education and training of practitioners.
- Establish a training institute to deliver high-value business tools and address issues that affect practitioners.
- Provide networking support and forge strategic partnerships within the interior design community in Nigeria and internationally organising yearly interior design fairs.